Charles ‘Chuck’ M. Hughes Jr.
AREAS OF LEGAL PRACTICE
– Personal Injury
– General Civil Litigation
– General Casualty Claims
– Timber, Paper Mill & Landowner Law
– Self-Insured Corporate Defense
– Corporate and Business Related Litigation
– Sheriff and Law Enforcement General Representation
– Civil Rights Defense Law
– Rural Electric Cooperative Law
– B.A. Louisiana State University (1980)
– J.D. Louisiana State University Law School (1984)
Charles ‘Chuck’ M. Hughes, Jr. has over 35 years experience as an attorney in Southeast Louisiana. He represents a broad range of clients from individuals to large corporations and public entities. His experience includes over 20 jury trials to verdict, over 100 bench trials to verdict, and hundreds of motions and other court hearings in dozens of different venues and jurisdictions throughout the State and Federal court system, including appellate courts.
Mr. Hughes focuses his practice on casualty litigation for both plaintiffs and defendants and has participated in well over 100 mediations as a disputant and neutral. His approach to litigation and mediation is to emphasize practicality and achieve quick, just results for his clients.